2009年9月3日 星期四

I will always love you

We were invited to our very special and “old” friends, Mr. and Mrs. B’s 60th marry anniversary party. He is 83 and she is 81. Family and friends filled up their house, where is a good size house.

After Mr. and Mrs. B moved to nursing home, I saw them just a couple times since.

It was a very nice party. The wedding pictures were passing around. The pictures are old, but are preserved well. Also, I heard two songs from the wedding, and had “wedding cake” for desert.

Friend’s daughter plays violin for years. The night, she played two songs from the wedding 60 years ago. One song is “The lord’s prayer“, which is pretty and holly. I love it. The other one is “I will always love you”, which is a sweet song.

The desert was their wedding cake, angel food cake. What happened was Mrs. B’s mother baked angel food cake for the weeding. She baked about 12 at the day! What the huge job! I can image that was the way to show her loves of the bride.

We asked they what is the secret to maintain their marriage for these years? Without thinking, Mr. B said “only 3 works”: Love, Respect and trust. He then continued: “respect” is the most important.

We asked him, where did they go for honeymoon? He said they did not have a honeymoon. They moved into dormitory soon after wedding. Then, he looked Mrs. B, who has Alzheimer's Disease and sitting next to him, and hold her, said “we are in our honeymoon now!” And, He looked her, said” I will always love you”. Mrs. B was just being shy and smile.

Oh….So romantic!! I am so touch!!

That night, when we were ready to say good-bye, Mr. B thanked us coming to their party. In fact, I was so thankful that they allowed us to be part of their special moment.

Until now, when I thought about the party, I feel so warm and full of love. They are truly special people. I feel so lucky to know them and become good friend with them.

---Wedding picture from 60 years ago



---After 60 years!



---Angel Food Cake with Fruits

4 則留言:

Shu-Chin 提到...

等你們六十週年紀念時, 別忘了邀請我.

Gleaner 提到...

真的很感人!

DJJ 提到...

To Shu-Chin:
我們的六十週年紀念哦...還不敢想吔. 如果我們有六十週年紀念,可能不會只邀請你哦!!

DJJ 提到...

Gleaner, I felt the same.