2009年11月11日 星期三

Where the wild things are

I don’t get it.

When the movie started advertising, so many people told me that they can’t wait to see this movie. They grew up with this children book. All I heard the book was positive. Since so many people mentioned that to me, I must see the movie.

I am not sure that what the book was about. But I do think that the movie does not sending good messages at all – I, an adult’s view point.

First of all, the boy ran away from home because he was mad, for whatever reasons. And then, after his adventures, he went home. Without any apology to what he has done to his mom. Of cause, mom was worry and forgiving.

The wild things he met have similar issues as his. I was hoping that something will happen, and teach the little boy how to deal the issues, such as "change attitude", or "being more thoughtful". But, nothing happened.

The mom is a single mom. She was struggling to finish her project in order to keep her job. The little boy has “strong demanding attentions” and “loneliness" issues.

I remember that when I was a kid, my parents were so busy. I don’t remember that we were able to get a lot of attention from my parents. We spent most of our time for schooling. Luckily, I have many siblings. We spent a lot of time with ourselves. Sometime, we fought, like most of other kids. Although we did have kids issue sometimes, like the little boy in the movie, we all understood that my parents were busy for support us, the family. We should be a good kid. So they don’t worry about us and able to focus on their work.

Often I feel that children are so lucky. They don’t understand much about “appreciation” and "being thoughtful" (not being selfish).

Maybe the book has different messages than the movie. Anyway, I felt that I watched a movie with no reason (not even entertaining). Maybe, I should read the book, so I can understand why people like it.

沒有留言: