2009年10月12日 星期一

The moment we live in

It was a gorgeous sunset. When I walked out from Albertsons, I noticed the sky was golden bright from the west. The lights spread through the clouds and shined half of dark sky.

I walked out to my car and carefully crossed the traffic. My mind went back to right before I was off from work, where I had unpleasant conversation with someone in our building.

My job is the kind of job that people don’t appreciate. I mean, if I sell ice cream, at least people are in good mood when they see me – they know they will have delicious ice cream soon to enjoy it. However, my job is to catch people’s mistakes. So, when people see me, they know what will happen next.

I don’t understand is these people have done the paperwork stuff for years, and repeating monthly. How could their work quality be so poor?! And yet, when I asked them to correct it, they get mad at me.

On the way home, the memory of the unpleasant conversation made me angry. I really don’t want to believe that people can be so dumb. But I have to believe some of them are dumb in order to make me feel better.

Anyway, when I realized that I should not allow this stupid attitude affecting my emotion, I was almost home. I looked up sky, the sun was already set. The incredible view only exists few minutes, but I missed the last part just because I “see it” but not “really see it”.

My mind was too busy with the unpleasant moment.

Meditation classes taught me to control emotion and to focus on the moment we live in. I found that is very challenged because of the reason above. I know all the benefit from meditation. However, I do need more practice on the subject to achieve a peaceful mind and balanced life style.

沒有留言: