2010年11月13日 星期六

Nice end day

It was very busy last two weeks. Most documents flowed into my inbox around this time every month. So, I tried to get everything done before I leave, at least, as many as possible.

My colleagues had a plan to take me out for lunch on my last day. After the nice meal, I was surprised to receive a nice card and a gift card. I was so touched.

Working with IHD is a very different experience comparing with other jobs I have been. This office runs several projects for people who are special need. We have very professional people; of course, we have some “ok” people as well – just like any other big offices. People often confused by policies, or just simply, made mistakes. So, corrected and rejected people’s paper work was part of my position.

Sometime, when I showed up at my colleague’s office/cubicle, they would say “Oh, No!”, jokingly. (Because when I showed up with documents on my hand, it means there are mistakes need to be fixed.)

I do feel bad about that. So, when my colleagues came to me and expressed their surprised and feeling after they learned that I was leaving, I was very touched again. To be honest, I thought that I would leave quietly.

Now, I am hoping that I can have a “good start” with the new position, since I will deal with spreadsheet mostly and I don’t need to play a “guard” anymore. But I know that I will miss my colleagues here -- especially those people who I respect the most because their effort to make the projects happened and help people who really need it!

--- The waitress was care if everyone was realy. Can't see Lynn here...



---This card will be displayed on my bookshelf for awhile






沒有留言: