2009年6月18日 星期四

Donations

When I lived in Missouri, I heard that if electronic items we donated are broken, the organization will have someone fix it for you. And I believed it.

However, when I am within the organization, I learned that they don’t have enough money to hire someone with the skills to fix stuff. Most likely, it will be tossed away.

The worst is they don’t recycle because they only have very limited staff, who need to spend all their time to get stuff on the shelf to sell in order to have income for the organization.

For the best way to contribute your love but not waste your contribution, here is some suggestions: do not donate anything broken which you can recycle at home.

For the items that are in parts, try to keep them together because when they are apart with other items, they could be treat as broken items and end up in a garbage can.

Your donation is tax deductable. The deductable amount is estimated by the condition and general fare market value. There’s no minimum or maximum amount allowable. So, it’s not necessary to ask the organization to give you several receipts for tax purposes.

I love the idea of donating unused items. It’s a great recycling system and the best is, at the same time, you are helping others. So, if you have unused items in good condition, donate them. Your action is not only helping people, but also helping the environment!

2 則留言:

匿名 提到...

My friend and I took two broken electronic items to the large-item recycle field in Monterey. After my friend and I got there, the staff told us, "If those are broken, they go to your garbage bin in your house. We don't take it." Then we brought the two items back and throw them to my green garbage bin... What can you say?? Those people just don't recycle!!

DJJ 提到...

We can recycle broken electronic for free but we have to pay $7 for TV. I am surprised Monterey does not do it.