2013年8月21日 星期三

Lottery

Time to time, there is always some big prize accumulated up to billion dollars at lottery.  Once a while, we will put some money and hope we can get lucky.

Just week ago, we bought a ticket.  We started to talk about if we win, what we going to do with the money.

“First, pay back all the debts for all family members.  And then,”
“I want to have a foundation set up.” I said.

“What foundation?” my honey asked.

I gave it a hard thought.  There are lots famous foundations for healing disease, for poor people, or for rescuing animals worldwide.

“I will have a foundation for education.” I decided.

“Why?” he asked again.

I always believe doctors and teachers are the best jobs that able to benefit most people in the most effective way since I was young.   In my adult life, I have changed so many jobs because of relocation or other personal reasons.  As of now, I am sitting in the office doing boring accounting stuff for my boss.  Time to time, I have to convince myself what I am doing is meaningful.  

If I win, I will quit my job, set up a foundation, and create jobs for people who have some idea of mine – beneficial to others.   This is an unfair world/society.    I'd love to use the money to help those people in the situation that without opportunities.  I truly believe that education is a way to open their eyes, sharp their mind, and then change their live.

This world needs more happy people to make the world a nicer place.

We did not win this time.  But we will try again, I know.  

沒有留言: